As engaged members of the FIU family, we have the opportunity to protect and ensure the future of our University. By giving to Ignite through a philanthropic investment, each one of us becomes a catalyst in the greater effort. Established in 2014, The Torchbearer Society honors FIU Faculty & Staff who have committed to sustaining a strong financial foundation for FIU through planned or estate giving. A planned gift to Ignite creativity, discovery, and innovation – shaping the future of our University for decades to come. We would be honored to include you in our Torchbearer Society if you have:
- Provided for Florida International University Foundation in your will or trust.
- Designated FIU as the beneficiary of a qualified retirement plan, savings bond, bank account, or life insurance policy.
- Created a planned gift that returns fixed or flexible income to you or others.
You may choose to invest in any one of the Colleges or Schools or a particular program or initiative. You may also choose to make an unrestricted gift, providing FIU with a flexible source of funding to meet our greatest needs.
2017 Torchbearer Society Inductees
- Judith Blucker
- Rocco M. Angelo
- Simone N. Champagnie
- Adriana Sofia & Leria Cano
2016 Torchbearer Society Inductees
- Mark B. Rosenberg
- Jean-Claude Garcia-Zamor
2015 Torchbearer Society Inductees
- Ronald Baier
- Robert Barnum
- Judith and Stephen Fain
- Rachel Metcalfe
- Lesley and Evan Northup
2014 Torchbearer Society Inductees
- Kathleen Blais
- Monique Catoggio
- Lillian L. Kopenhaver
- Kalai and Giri Narasimhan
- Brian Schriner
- Douglas & Susan Wartzok