The Office to Advance Women, Equity, & Diversity (AWED) works every day to achieve and sustain faculty equity, diversity, and inclusion for FIU and beyond.
We aim to increase, retain, and promote more women and underrepresented minority faculty and create an inclusive excellence environment at FIU.
Our core is to provide research-based educational diversity, equity, and inclusion training for the academic workplace.
We provide immersive training, enriching workshops, resources, leadership consulting, and more, at no cost for FIU faculty.
Our signature programs include:
- Award-Winning Bystander Leadership Program
- Women Faculty Leadership Institute (WFLI)
- Faculty Mentor Program (FMP)
- Advance Florida Network (AFN)
- Certification on Strategies and Tactics for Recruitment to Increase Diversity and Excellence (STRIDE) Hiring & Recruitment and Tenure & Promotion
The Office to Advance Women, Equity, & Diversity (AWED) was established in 2016 by FIU’s National Science Foundation Institutional Transformation Project, FIU ADVANCE. This project is a testament to FIU’s dedication to being an inclusive institution with faculty who receive science-based diversity, equity, and inclusion training.
Your gift will help us equip our FIU faculty to navigate diversity, unconscious bias, bystander interventions, and more.
How to Give
- Recurring Biweekly Payroll Deductions – Your Gift Amount will be deducted continuously. (i.e., $1.92 = $1.92 per pay period until you request a change)
- One Payment Payroll Deduction – Your Gift Amount will be deducted from one pay check only. (i.e., $100 = $ 100 from one pay period)
- Pay Directly with Credit Card
- Download Pledge Form