The CARE Center perfectly complements the acute-care focus of the STAR Center with equally realistic clinical settings that support teaching and research dedicated to other aspects of patient care, therapies and treatments. These flexible modular laboratories located on the fourth floor allow for a variety of uses and training scenarios by the physical therapy, occupational therapy, communication sciences and disorders, and athletic training departments.
Anchoring the CARE Center is the Human Performance Lab, which is host to a collection of sophisticated teaching and research tools and equipment used expressly for advanced understanding of human movement and injury prevention. We can digitally analyze biomechanical kinetic movement through the Qualisys 3-D motion capture analysis system. AMTI force platforms allow us to monitor ground reaction forces used in the calculation of joint movements. We use accelerator sensor gloves to evaluate reaction forces from the upper extremities. From studying human gait and athletic events, to respiration and subtle facial movements during speech, the Human Performance Lab is equipped for our faculty and students to make breakthroughs and discoveries that will improve patient rehabilitative therapies. Other labs in the CARE Center include:
- Activities of daily living lab
- Neuromusculoskeletal lab
- Audiology lab
- Rehabilitation lab
- Gait analysis lab
- Speech and language skills lab
- Pediatric lab
- Therapeutic activities lab
Gifts to the CARE Center will support equipment, teaching and research dedicated to aspects of patient care, therapies and treatments.
How to Give
- Recurring Biweekly Payroll Deductions – Your Gift Amount will be deducted continuously. (i.e., $1.92 = $1.92 per pay period until you request a change)
- One Payment Payroll Deduction – Your Gift Amount will be deducted from one pay check only. (i.e., $100 = $ 100 from one pay period)
- Pay Directly with Credit Card
- Download Pledge Form