The Center for Children and Families at FIU offers many programs that have helped improve the lives of thousands of children struggling with ADHD and related behavioral, emotional and learning challenges. By giving to this initiative, you will give kids in need a chance to benefit from our summer programs and make it the best experience possible. Funds will support general operation needs of the programs, including, but not limited to, teaching, research, community outreach, enrichment and engagement.
Some of the programs you will help to support include:
- Summer Treatment Program- comprehensive summer camp program for kids ages 5-12 with ADHD and related behavioral, emotional and learning challenges.
- Summer Treatment Program PreK- school readiness program for children entering kindergarten with behavior problems.
- Healthy Lifestyle and Intervention Program- summer camp that actively involves children ages 4-8 and their parents in promoting physical health, healthy eating habits, and social-emotional functioning.
- FIU Summer Academy in Liberty City- school readiness program for children entering kindergarten with behavior problems located at Thena Crowder Early Childhood Diagnostic and Special Education Center.
- Brave Bunch Summer Program for kids with Selective Mutism- intensive group treatment program for children ages 3-9 who have been diagnosed with Selective Mutism or have difficulty speaking in social or school situations with familiar and/or unfamiliar peers and adults.
- Reading Explorers Program- program that helps rising kindergarten, first, and second graders improve their reading skills.
How to Give
- Recurring Biweekly Payroll Deductions – Your Gift Amount will be deducted continuously. (i.e., $1.92 = $1.92 per pay period until you request a change)
- One Payment Payroll Deduction – Your Gift Amount will be deducted from one pay check only. (i.e., $100 = $ 100 from one pay period)
- Pay Directly with Credit Card
- Download Pledge Form